NFL Draft Report
THE NFL DRAFT REPORT
Sure, there’s a lot of time between now and the start of the National Football League Draft on
April 25 th but it’s not too early to examine how we see Round I going … for now:
1. ARIZONA – Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Kentucky
2. OAKLAND (projected trade with San Francisco) – Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
3. NEW YORK GIANTS (projected trade with New York Jets) – Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
4. SAN FRANCISCO (projected trade with Oakland) – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
5. TAMPA BAY – Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
6. NEW YORK JETS (projected trade with New York Giants) – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss State
7. JACKSONVILLE – Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
8. DETROIT – Montez Sweat, DE, Miss State
9. BUFFALO – Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
10. DENVER – Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
11. CINCINNATI – Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
12. LOS ANGELES RAMS (projected trade with Green Bay) – Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
13. MIAMI – Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
14. ATLANTA – Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
15. WASHINGTON – Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
16. CAROLINA – Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
17. NEW YORK JETS (projected trade with Cleveland) – Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
18. MINNESOTA – Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
19. TENNESSEE – Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
20. BUFFALO (projected trade with Pittsburgh) – Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Here’s our projected picks #21-thru-32:
21. SEATTLE – Devin White, ILB, LSU: The Seahawks are building back up their defense and this
athletic sideline-to-sideline pursuer drops right in their laps.
22. BALTIMORE – Byron Murphy, CB, Washington: There’s larceny in this guy’s heart as he
intercepted four passes in the Huskies’ final five games last year. Solid addition to a Ravens’
secondary that needs a jolt.
23. HOUSTON – Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma: No doubt the Texans need to protect QB Deshaun
Watson better than they did last year.
24. OAKLAND (earlier trade with Chicago): D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss: The Raiders could use
more O-line / D-line help here but this pass-catcher basically will take the throws that used to
go to Amari Cooper.
25. PHILADELPHIA – Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware: The Birds stay local with this Blue Hens
defender who really packs a wallop.
26. INDIANAPOLIS – Jachai Polite, DE, Florida: Most draft experts claim this cat-quick 245-
pounder is top 15 material so the Colts say “thanks” when he drops to them here.
27. SAN FRANCISCO (projected trade with Oakland) – A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss: Remember we
have the Raiders adding in this draft pick so they could move up to #2 here in Round One action
and so the Niners add a needed downfield target for QB Jimmy Garappolo.
28. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS – Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame: This dude’s massive at 6-feet-7,
310 pounds and better believe the Bolts need to power up this D-line on the inside.
29. KANSAS CITY – Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson: Okay, so this will make it three Clemson
Tigers defensive linemen scooped up in Round I … no wonder they won two national titles in
the past three years!
30. GREEN BAY (earlier trade with New Orleans) – T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa: This 6-foot-5 target
is top-rated tight end on the board and keep in mind the Packers get the next pick too following
our “suggested” trade with the defending NFC champion Los Angeles Rams.
31. GREEN BAY (projected trade with LA Rams) – Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss: Let’s get some better
protection for QB Aaron Rodgers, say the Pack brass.
32. NEW ENGLAND – Oshane Ximines, DE/OLB, Old Dominion: Rated as the seventh-best edge
rusher in this man’s draft, the Pats snatch ‘em up after the top six are already long gone.