NBA Playoff Betting Preview: Wizards vs. Celtics Game 5, May 10, 2017
by Jim Feist
A huge Game 5 in the Eastern Conference tips off tonight as the Washington Wizards head to Boston with the series tied 2-2, on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. The Celtics are 4.5-point home favorites, and the total has jumped in Vegas from 2012 to 215. The Wizards played physical at home and got back in the series, knocking the Celtics around. Forward Markieff Morris overcame an ankle injury and had 16 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in Sunday’s 121-102 win. So the home team is a perfect 4-0 SU/ATS. Can the home court trend continue?
- #4 Washington: #5 in scoring, #21 in points allowed.
- John Wall (23 p) and sharp-shooting Bradley Beal (23 ppg). Wall is averaging 27.8 points, 12.3 assists and 2.8 steals in the series.
- Youth, a below-average defense, can struggle on the road. Wall is the first player in NBA playoff history to record at least 20 points and seven assists in 11 straight games.
- Washington rolled at home in Games 3 and 4, 116-89, 121-102
- Lost Games 1 and 2 at Boston, 123-111 and 129-119.
- Washington is 1-4 ATS on the road, but 8-1 ATS playing on two days rest
- 34-16-1 over the total away, 38-18 over on 2 days rest
(Jim Feist is on a 110-66 NBA run. NBA TV Showdown + MLB Inner Circle cashes Wednesday: Click: FastFactsToday)
#1 Boston Celtics (59-33; 33-13 home) – Brad Stevens
- #1 Celtics: #7 in scoring, #15 in points allowed, #9 in field goal shooting defense, #2 in three-point defense.
- Isiah Thomas (28.9 ppg), Avery Bradly (16.3 ppg).
- Boston shot 51% in each of the first two games at home, but struggled away from home.
- Can anyone help Thomas? Celtics SG Avery Bradley slumped to five points on Sunday and is shooting 34 percent from the field in the series.
- Boston is 7-19 ATS on 2 days of rest, 5-0 over the total at home, 19-6-1 over at home vs. a team with a losing road mark.
Head to head matchup: The home team 8-0 ATS when they meet, 8-3 over the total in Boston and the Wizards are 0-7 ATS at Boston.
Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com