NBA Finals Playoff Betting Preview: Cavs vs. Warriors Game 2, June 4, 2017
by Jim Feist
It’s Game 2 of the NBA Finals Sunday night, June 4, 2017. The Cleveland Cavaliers were content to run early with Golden State, but it didn’t work under an avalanche of turnovers (20 for the game) in a 113-91 blowout loss in Game 1. They look to regroup Sunday but the Warriors are 13-0 in the playoffs and are 9-point home favorites with the total in Vegas at 222.
The Warriors only shot 42.5% in Game 1 but were in command with a terrific defensive effort, while newcomer Kevin Durant was on fire with 38 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. Golden State’s Big 4 topped Cleveland’s Big 3 with ease. Last year the Warriors won Game 1 (104-89) and Game 2 (110-77). Will the same thing play out again?
- Cavaliers: #4 in the NBA in scoring, #2 in threes (.384%), #23 in free throws.
- Defense: #19 in points allowed, #16 field goal shooting defense, #18 at defending the three.
- Cleveland was red-hot from three-point land coming into the finals: LeBron shooting 56.6%, a career playoff-best, and 42.1% from three-point land. Kevin Love’s made 38 of his 80 playoff threes, Kyle Korver made 22 of his 53, J.R. Smith made 22 of his 49 and Channing Frye made 20 of his 38. But in Game 1 against Golden State (the #1 ranked defense against the three) made just 11-of-31.
- 12-2 SU in playoffs. 7-1-1 ATS away. 35-19-1 run over the total.
- Cavaliers are 15-36-2 ATS following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
- The Over is 21-8 in the Cavaliers last 29 games following a straight up loss.
- The Cav were 1-1 against the Warriors in the regular season. In their loss, they only created 7 offensive rebounds and took 3 fewer shots. But in their win, they pulverized the Warriors’ interior, grabbed 18 offensive rebounds and produced 18 more shots than Golden State
(Jim Feist is on a 111-70 NBA run. NBA + NHL Winners at: FastFactsToday)
#1 Golden State Warriors (80-15; 43-5 Home) – Mike Brown
- #1 Seed Warriors: 21-6-1 ATS run. 44-23 run under the total.
- 28-1 SU run counting regular season. 115.3 ppg in 13 playoff games
- #1 in scoring (115.9 pg), #1 Field Goal Defense (.435), #1 three-point defense (.324).
- 29-13-2 under at home vs team with winning road mark
- 21-7 under the total against the Eastern Conference.
- The Cavaliers are 19-3 SU this season when they hit 16+ 3s, but Warriors only gave up more than 14 threes in a game once.
Head to head matchup: 9-1-2 under the total at Golden State, where the Cavs are 4-2 ATS. The Cavaliers are 5-11 ATS in the last 16 meetings in Golden State. Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com