NBA Finals Betting Preview: Warriors vs. Cavs Game 3, June 7, 2017
by Jim Feist
It’s Game 3 of the NBA Finals Wednesday night, June 7, 2017. The Cleveland Cavaliers are home and in desperation mode trailing 2-0 after losing twice by double digits at Golden State, 113-91 and 132-113. A year ago Cleveland came home down 0-2 and blasted the Warriors in Game 3, 120-90 to breath life back into their championship hopes — which paid off, winning the title in seven games.
LeBron James and the Cavs were content to run early with Golden State in the first two games, but it didn’t work under an avalanche of turnovers (20) in a 113-91 blowout loss in Game 1. Cleveland won the turnover battle in Game 2, 20-9, but still got routed as Golden State shot 51.7%, hit 18 three-pointers and won the rebound battle 53-41. The Cavs look to regroup at home, but the Warriors are 14-0 in the playoffs and are 3.5-point road favorites with the total in Vegas at 226. Will home cooking prevail? Or are we looking at a sweep?
#1 Golden State Warriors (81-15; 37-10 Away) – Mike Brown
- #1 Seed Warriors: 22-6-1 ATS run. 44-24 run under the total.
- 29-1 SU run counting regular season. 116 ppg in 14 playoff games
- #1 in scoring (115.9 pg), #1 Field Goal Defense (.435), #1 three-point defense (.324).
- 21-8 under the total against the Eastern Conference.
- MVPs: Kevin Durant is averaging 35.5 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the series. Point guard Stephen Curry is averaging 30 points 10.5 assists and eight rebounds.
- The Cavaliers are 19-3 SU this season when they hit 16+ 3s, but Warriors only gave up more than 14 threes in a game once.
- The Warriors only shot 42.5% in Game 1 but were in command with a terrific defensive effort, while Kevin Durant was on fire with 38 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. Golden State’s Big 4 topped Cleveland’s Big 3 with ease.
- Last year the Warriors won Game 1 (104-89) and Game 2 (110-77) at home, then lost Game 3 at Cleveland (120-90).
- The Warriors are 11-0 ATS in their last 11 road games.
(Jim Feist is on a 111-71 NBA run. 12-3-1 MLB Inner Circle run, another at: FastFactsToday)
- Cavaliers: #4 in the NBA in scoring, #2 in threes (.384%), #23 in free throws.
- Defense: #19 in points allowed, #16 field goal shooting defense, #18 at defending the three.
- In Game 1 against Golden State (the #1 ranked defense against the three) the Cavs made just 11-of-31 threes. Game 2: 8-29 threes
- 12-3 SU in playoffs. 36-19-1 run over the total.
- Cavaliers are 15-37-2 ATS following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
- The Over is 22-8 following a straight up loss.
- The Cav were 1-1 against the Warriors in the regular season. In their loss, they only created 7 offensive rebounds and took 3 fewer shots. But in their win, they pulverized the Warriors’ interior, grabbed 18 offensive rebounds and produced 18 more shots than Golden State.
Head to head matchup: The home team is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings, the under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com