NBA Finals Betting Preview: Warriors vs. Cavaliers Game 4, June 9, 2017
by Jim Feist
It’s Game 4 of the NBA Finals Friday night, June 9, 2017. The Cleveland Cavaliers are home and in desperation mode trailing 3-0 after losing twice by double digits at Golden State, 113-91 and 132-113, then blowing a late lead in Game 3, a crushing loss allowing the Warriors an 11–0 run to end the game. A year ago Cleveland came home down 0-2 and blasted the Warriors in Game 3, 120-90 to breath life back into their championship hopes — but that didn’t happen this time.
LeBron James and the Cavaliers have not been able to play enough defense against the Golden State offensive arsenal. The Cavs look to stay alive at home, but the Warriors are 15-0 in the playoffs and are 6.5-point road favorites with the total in Vegas at 228. Will home cooking prevail? Or are we looking at a sweep?
#1 Golden State Warriors (82-15; 38-10 Away) – Steve Kerr/Mike Brown
- #1 Seed Warriors: 23-6-1 ATS run. 15-0 SU in the playoffs
- 30-1 SU run counting regular season. 116.5 ppg in 15 playoff games
- #1 in scoring (115.9 pg), #1 Field Goal Defense (.435), #1 three-point defense (.324).
- 21-9 under the total against the Eastern Conference.
- MVPs: Kevin Durant is averaging 28.7 points, 9.7 rebounds, 9 assists in the series. Point guard Stephen Curry is averaging 30 points 10 assists and 7 rebounds.
- The Cavaliers are 19-3 SU this season when they hit 16+ 3s, but Warriors only gave up more than 14 threes in a game once.
- The Warriors are 12-0 ATS in their last 12 road games.
- 39-17-1 under on 1 day of rest
(Jim Feist is on a 111-71 NBA run. 13-3-1 MLB Inner Circle run, another at: FastFactsToday)
- Cavaliers: #4 in the NBA in scoring, #2 in threes (.384%), #23 in free throws.
- Defense: #19 in points allowed, #16 field goal shooting defense, #18 at defending the three.
- 12-4 SU in playoffs. 37-19-1 run over the total.
- The Over is 23-8 following a straight up loss.
- LeBron James is averaging 32 points on 55.4 percent shooting, 12.3 rebounds and 10.3 assists in the series
- In three NBA Finals games Cleveland has made 11-of-31 three-pointers, 8-of-29 and 12-of-44.
- The Over is 31-15-1 in the Cavaliers last 47 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
Head to head matchup: The home team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings, the under is 4-2 in the last six meetings. Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com