NBA Betting Preview: Bucks vs. Pacers, April 6, 2017
by Jim Feist
The Milwaukee Bucks head to Indiana for an Eastern Conference tit on Thursday, April 6, 2017. Milwaukee is the #5 seed in the East but has competition on its tail, while Indiana is battling for the final seed in the East. Indiana is a -4.5-point home favorite and Vegas has seen the total dip from 202 to 201.
#5 Seed Milwaukee Bucks (40-38; 18-20 Away): 21-10 over the total after a loss of 10+ points.
- The Bucks are trying to earn the No. 5 spot in the East but are riding a two-game skid, including a crunching 110-79 loss at Oklahoma City on Tuesday.
- Milwaukee is only a half-game ahead of the Atlanta Hawks and two up on the Chicago Bulls in the East. The Bucks will play three of their final four games on the road.
- Milwaukee can play tough defense, #10 in the NBA in points allowed, on a 15-7 run under the total. The offense is #20 in points scored, #19 in free throw shooting.
- The Bucks are 11-5 ATS when their opponent scores 100+ points in their previous game.
(Jim Feist is on a 63-32 NBA run. NBA Inner Circle cashes Thursday: Click: FastFactsToday)
Indiana Pacers (38-40; 27-12 at home). Tight race with Miami for the last playoff slot
- #16 in the NBA in points scored, #15 in points allowed, #9 in field goal defense.
- The uneven Pacers are off a big win over Toronto to hold on to the final playoff seed in the Eastern Conference. But that ended a 4-game losing streak, 2-6 SU the last 8 contests.
- The Pacers will try to secure back-to-back wins for the first time since early February. Indiana overcame a 19-point deficit to beat Toronto, 108-90. They are tied with the Miami Heat for the last playoff spot.
- Star Paul George is averaging 33 points and shooting 44.9 percent from three-point range over the last five games. Indiana is on an 8-2 run over the total, but 11-5 under vs. the East.
Head-to-head match-up: Milwaukee took the first three meetings this season, going for the sweep. The road team is 9-4 ATS, and the Bucks 5-1 ATS at Indiana.
Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com