MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. White Sox, May 30, 2017
by Jim Feist
A pair of longtime AL teams clash as the Boston Red Sox are in Chicago to face the White Sox, Tuesday, May 30, 2017. Chicago is rebuilding and struggles on offense but has a Top 3 pitching staff. Boston has a huge payroll and was expected to contend for a title but has been plagued by injuries, a gap at third base, errors and erratic play. Chicago won yesterday, 5-4, despite only five hits. Former White Sox ace Chris Sale gets the nod tonight against his former team, adding a fascinating angle to this one. Boston opened a big favorite but is down to -155 with the Vegas total at 7.5 run.
- Red Sox: 0-2 run, 6-2 run. 19-9 vs a lefty starter, but 1-5 away vs a southpaw.
- Offense: #13 in runs, #2 OBP, #30 in homers. Pitching: #8 in ERA (3.82).
- 28-year old Chris Sale: 5-2, 2.34 ERA. The team is 7-3 in his starts.
- Boston is 19-7 under the total vs a lefty.
- Red Sox are 5-12 in their last 17 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
(Jim Feist is on a 110-70 NBA run. MLB Inner Circle (5-1 run) cashes Tuesday: Click: FastFactsToday)
- White Sox are on a 7-8 run..
- Offense: #15 in runs scored, #22 in on-base percentage. Pitching is #4 in team ERA (3.67).
- Chicago is 25-9 vs a lefty starter.
- 28-year old Jose Quintana: 2-6, 4.82 ERA. 61 IP, 56 hits, 24 BB, 60 Ks
- He’s off a loss at Arizona, 8-6, allowing 8 hits, 8 runs, 4 inning, 7 Ks, no BBs.
- 37-15-2 under when Quintana has five days of rest
- The Over is 41-19-4 in the White Sox’s last 64 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.
Head to head matchup: Boston is 6-3 at Chicago despite the loss Monday.
Free scores and MLB odds daily at JimFeist.com