Kelso Sturgeon is not a shadow or a mirage. I am a real person, a man who has been handicapping football for more than 4 decades, and I bring to the table a set of credentials you can’t find anywhere else in this business.
And so there is no misunderstanding, Kelso Sturgeon is my real name and I make my home in Las Vegas, the betting capital of the world.
It is one thing for me to cite my winners and to tell you I can handicap, but there is far more to me than that.
Here is a little background on myself and I do believe you will find it of substance.
- I have been handicapping professionally for more than 40 years.
- I lived a charmed life in the world of football, studying with brilliant coaches such as the late Paul “Bear” Bryant of Alabama and Hank Stram of the Kansas City Chiefs. I learned all about NFL offenses from people such as Hall of Fame quarterback John Unitas and defense from such outstanding players as Randy White, the great Hall of Fame lineman from the Dallas Cowboys.
- I scouted football in the Southeastern Conference for years and learned in great detail how to watch a game and detect a team’s weaknesses.
- I am a personal friend with most of the big bookmakers of the world, and those who make lines for them – and I speak to many of them daily to find out just what is happening on their side of the counter.
- I am a former Regional Sports Editor for The Associated Press, responsible for all sports coverage in 14 Southern states.
- I am a former Director of Public Relations and Marketing for Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, a position I assumed when I was but 25 years old.
- I am a former Director of Public Relations and Marketing for Pimlico and the Preakness, for Laurel Race Course and for Arlington Park.
- I founded the World Series of Handicapping at Penn Nationalâ€¦ the contest after which almost all such events are patterned today.
- I built and made operational one of the first legal bookmaking shops ever on the island of Bermuda.
- I work with lawyers preparing gambling cases for court and have testified as an expert witness on the subject of sports betting.
- I am the only sports handicapper to ever testify before the United States Congress on the subject of whether sports betting should be legalized.
- I was for years the lead sports betting writer for College & Pro Football Newsweekly, SportsForm and Sports Eye.
- I was editor of Turf & Sport Digest.
- I have been written up in many major publications, including Playboy, Maxim, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times, just to name a few.
- I was for several years one of the panelists on Pro Line, a nationally televised (USA) weekly show on football handicapping.
- My book, THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SPORTS BETTING, published by Harper & Row was the first book on this subject ever produced by a major publisher and became the foundation book for the business.
As you can see, almost everything I have done in my life as been connected to the sports and horse race betting industries. My success is no accident.